Tuesday, March 15, 2016

This chair is just right!

I am working on a little desk and chair for my mom. Her birthday is coming up so it is a surprise. Luckily she doesn't read my blog. I decided to start with the chair.




So this is what it looked like before, with a vinyl seat. Kind of ugly!
 
 
I wanted a pretty color and Pittsburgh Paints had just the color. Aqua Chiffon. Of course I wanted a chalk type paint, and Pittsburgh does not have one. So I just pulled out my Poppie's Paint Powder. Poppies is perfect for turning any latex paint into a chalk based paint, making it easy to apply and even better for distressing. It is very easy to use. Watch this quick three minute video to see how easy it is to add to your paint.
 
 It took two coats.  Poppies makes any paint easy to distress, and I did some distressing to the chair, then finished it off with some clear wax and dark wax to seal.
 
I add a pretty black and white toile fabric I had been hoarding, and this was just the right occasion to use it. And the result!

 
 
I am currently finishing up the desk , so it will be posted within the next week. I am doing an ombre painting technique, so be sure to stop back.
You can purchase your Poppie's Paint Powder HERE
 
 
Goodnight, Michelle
 
 
 

No comments: