Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Poppies Famous Repurposing Paint Powder


I love to paint with chalk-type paint. You can really paint mosts anything, wood, glass, plastic and more. There are many brands and colors available. However, at times I cannot find just the right color for the job.  Not to mention it gets a little expensive trying to buy all the colors I want.  Well, now I have the answer to my problems!! Poppies Paint Powder! Just add Poppies and a little water, stir to a smooth consistency and add the paint of your choice.  I chose Pittsburgh Paints. And you now have a chalk based paint.


I had a sweet little Lane wooden box, the kind a lot of kids get when they graduate.  I wanted to take this plain Jane and turn her into something fancy.  I first cleaned the box, just using a paper towel and vinegar. 
After it dried, I mixed up my Poppies and paint, and was ready to go.  I used an eggshell shade and covered the box, inside and out.  After letting it dry I applied a second coat.  Again after waiting for it to dry I applied polycrylic.  To give it an antique look I used a walnut stain from, wiped it on and quickly wiped it back.

After letting that dry, I used sandpaper and distressed the edges to give it an old worn look. You could do this easier before you applied your poly. I love to make life difficult for myself!
I chose to line the interior with some scrapbook paper. I used a Prima flower, and some leaves, a old vintage picture, rubons and some pretty lace and pearls to decorate the outside of the box, and voila.... a nice little box to fill with soaps and give as a gift.

Are you interested in trying Poppies stop over and pick up a bag. Or visit them on Facebook.
Visit Poppies on Facebook

Thanks for stopping by, Michelle

No comments: